LONG PRESTON HERITAGE GROUP
The Name of the Group shall be the Long Preston Heritage Group
The Group is established for the public benefit in the area of the former historic
Parish of Long Preston to:
1. Stimulate public interest in and care for the beauty, history and character of the area, and
2. Encourage the preservation, protection, development and improvement of features
of historic or public interest.
In furtherance of these objectives the Group may:
1. Hold meetings, lectures and temporary and/or permanent exhibitions.
2. Publish papers, reports and other literature.
3. Acquire the intellectual property rights for all publications produced by the Group.
4. Promote research into subjects directly connected with the objectives of the Group.
5. Make information available to all interested persons.
6. Employ and remunerate any person or persons not being members of the Committee
to supervise, organise and carry out work for the Group.
7. Agree the expenditure of the history element of the HLF grant in liaison with St Mary’s PCC.
8. Raise funds and invite and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever
by way of subscription, donation and otherwise,
9. Acquire, lease or rent any property.
10. Archive and care for any materials, documents and artefacts entrusted to the Group.
11. Do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the attainment of the said objectives.
Membership shall be open to all who are interested in furthering the objectives of
the Group. Full membership is available to residents of Long Preston Parish. Non-
Visitors may attend organised events; a fee may be charged.
An Annual General Meeting shall be held in or about October of each year to receive the Committee’s report and audited accounts, to elect Officers and Members of the Committee, to appoint 1 or more auditors and to transact such other business as may from time to time be necessary. A quorum shall consist of 25% of the membership entitled to vote. Proxy voting will be allowed by written request to the Secretary.
Membership fees will be determined at the AGM.
5. HONORARY OFFICERS
The Officers shall consist of Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer all of whom shall
6. THE COMMITTEE
The Committee shall be responsible for the management and administration of the Group.
The Committee shall consist of the Officers and 6 other members. Election to the
Committee shall normally be for 3 years. Committee members are eligible for re-
7. APPLICATION OF THE INCOME OF THE LONG PRESTON HERITAGE GROUP
The property and funds of the Group must be used only for promoting the Objects and do not belong to the members of the Group or the Committee.
This Constitution may be amended by a two-
9. DISSOLUTION OF THE LONG PRESTON HERITAGE GROUP
If the Committee, by a simple majority, decide at any time that it is necessary or
advisable to dissolve the Group, it shall call a meeting of all voting members of
the Group, for which meeting not less than 21 clear days’ notice (stating the terms
of the Resolution to be proposed thereat) shall be given. If such decision shall
be confirmed by a two-
27 March 2012